The Office of Planning and Assessment is responsible for carrying out the SACS requirement
for Institutional Effectiveness. This is a continuous process of strategic planning
and student learning outcomes assessment, documenting that the college is achieving
its vision, mission and goals by advancing programs and services. (SACS CS 3.3.1).
to read the SACS Principles of Accreditation.
Brevard Community College is committed to Being our Community's Center for Quality
Teaching and Lifelong Learning.
Click on the categories below to read about BCC's mission and philosophy.
To engage our diverse population in quality, accessible, learning opportunities which
successfully meet individual and community needs.
Brevard Community College fulfills its mission by offering the following:
- Specified baccalaureate degree programs through formal written agreements between
the College and other regionally accredited postsecondary educational institutions
or with the College for the purpose of meeting district, regional or statewide workforce
- Undergraduate studies and Associate Degrees for students pursuing a Baccalaureate
Degree delivered in traditional face-to-face classes, partially online classes and
- Technical and vocational training for Associate Degrees and Certificates for entering
the workforce, improving professional skills, and developing new competencies.
- Instructional support services such as advisement and career guidance.
- Activities supporting cultural enrichment, economic development, sports, wellness
and quality of life.
- Workshops and classes for personal growth, developmental instruction, and lifelong
The College embraces the following key values and beliefs:
- RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL (COURTESY/CIVILITY):
Central to our philosophy is respect for the individual, manifested through courtesy
and civility in every endeavor.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE:
Recognizing that we exist in a dynamic environment, we foster innovation to promote
continuous improvement in student, employee, and organizational development.
- PASSION FOR LEARNING:
As an educational catalyst, the College sparks the flame of human curiosity by creating
an environment to ignite and sustain a passion for lifelong learning.
- LEADERSHIP, EMPOWERMENT, INTEGRITY:
We value leadership styles that engender trust and confidence, and that empower people
to make sound decisions.
- TEAMWORK, SENSE OF BELONGING:
We encourage a sense of belonging by employees and students through promoting an
atmosphere of teamwork that embraces the college’s mission and goals.
We provide quality service to students, colleagues, and the community with the intention
that all those served achieve higher levels of success and satisfaction.
Through systematic review and evaluation, we are publicly accountable to achieve
- SENSE OF ACHIEVEMENT:
We value achievement and reward those who strive to do their best.