Academic Support Services
Eastern Florida State College takes seriously its responsibility to provide Academic Support services to meet the individual needs of all students. Our departments and programs include:
- Academic Advising, with services located in the Student Center at each campus. Advisors assist you with planning a degree program, understanding your responsibilities as a student and succeeding in your academic career at EFSC.
- Academic Success Centers, formerly known as the Learning Labs, the ASC on each Campus offers comprehensive academic assistance and support, including tutoring, to help students succeed.
- Accessibility Services and accommodations for student with documented disabilities that significantly impact major life functions.
- Associate in Arts: Transfer GPS: Graduation Pathway for Success helps you plan your A.A. coursework so it matches up with your bachelor's degree plans.
- The collegewide Career Planning & Development Center, with a location on each campus. Throughout your college experience, career planning can help you reach your goal of becoming a skilled and marketable employee.
- A Degree Audit using the online myGPS: Graduation Plan for Success tool can be run by a student to be sure you're on track for program completion. myGPS can be accessed from inside the myEFSC portal.
- Developmental Education is based on the insights provided by placement testing and alternate ways to get students ready for college-level course work.
- Engineering students should take part in the FITS-STEM Program which includes the potential to earn a $10,000 per year scholarship to Florida Tech.
- Intensive Language Program, offering courses that address the needs of students whose native language is not English and who need English instruction to pursue their academic or vocational goals.
- Guaranteed Transfer information helps prepare you for your education plans after Eastern Florida.
- Mentor relationships between students and trained faculty and staff can be part of a Student Life Skills course such as SLS 1101 to help ease the transition into college life.
- Meta Majors reflect eight major career pathways identified by the State of Florida that group academic programs into clusters with related courses. Advisors offer course planning by meta-major to ensure your EFSC coursework will transfer into other programs in keeping with your career plans.
- The Military and Veterans Service Center coordinates resources and educational financial benefits for active military personnel, veterans and their families who are attending Eastern Florida State College.
- Transfer GPS plans for the most popular bachelor-level majors are available to help you plan your A.A. program so it will transfer seamlessly to another university or college program.
- TRiO-Student Support Services, providing academic support for first-generation college students (students whose natural or adoptive parents have not completed a bachelor's degree) and students with low taxable income.
- Tutoring is available for free through the Academic Success Centers on each campus.
- Vocational and Career Education Academic Support, helping vocational students meet the Basic Skills Requirements for the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Writing Centers, located on each Campus as part of the Academic Success Centers, where students receive assistance with all stages of the writing process.