Space Coast & Housing Information
If you are moving from out of the area to enroll in EFSC's Aviation Maintenance Technology program, below is inofrmation to assist with finding housing accommodations in Brevard County.
Eastern Florida State College offers a student housing option on the Melbourne Campus. The brand-new, fully air conditioned 96-bed facility is divided into furnished suites with four individual bedrooms, two shared bathrooms, a shared full kitchen and a common living room. Students accepted into on-campus housing will be asked to sign a contract for one full academic year, which means two major terms (i.e. fall and spring), plus one summer term, in any consecutive order.
Visit EFSC's Student Housing web section for detailed information on amenities, housing costs and the application process. Aviation maintenance program students should contact the housing director to inquire about availability.
Off-Campus Housing Options
- Rooms in private residences
- Apartments/townhomes/condominiums which can be rented by yourself or shared by multiple students depending on the lease options of the apartment complex. It is reasonable to expect off-campus housing to cost between $250 to $800 per month, depending on the number of people sharing the expenses which include monthly rent and utilities (water, phone, electricity, gas, trash, cable, etc.). A security deposit (usually one month's rent) is also required for most off-campus housing In addition, utility companies (phone, electricity, etc.) may require deposits in advance as well.
You may also search Internet-based apartment search engines such as:
- Zumper/Cocoa area
- Zumper/Melbourne area
- Zumper/Palm Bay area
- Zumper/Titusville area
- Zillow/Cocoa area
- Trulia/Cocoa area
- apartmentlist.com (Cocoa area)
- apartmentlist.com (Melbourne area)
- apartmentlist.com (Palm Bay area)
- apartmentlist.com (Titusville area)
- Florida Today: Local Newspaper Housing Listings