Health Sciences and the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS): Limited On-Campus Testing and Remote Test Option
Heath Sciences and Nursing limited access program applicants have two options to take
the TEAS test. Limited seating with face-to-face testing will be offered at the Cocoa,
Melbourne, and Palm Bay Campus Assessment Centers. A remote version of the Test of
Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) also is available. Please read all information below
carefully before registering for an on-campus or remote exam following the steps below.
You can also view a PDF version of the remote TEAS test information.
The TEAS measures basic essential skills in the academic content areas of reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage. It's a multiple choice test designed to determine the academic readiness of applicants to post-secondary nursing and related Health Science programs. Learn more about the TEAS test, including information on preparing, by visiting test creator ATI Nursing Education's website.
TEAS test scores are required for application to several limited access health-related programs at Eastern Florida State College. Health Sciences and Nursing program applicants may take the TEAS once during an application year. Check program requirements to see if the TEAS is required and verify selection criteria for specific programs for TEAS test score requirements.
A TEAS preparation course is available through EFSC's online curriculum partner ed2go.
On-Campus TEAS Information & Scheduling
Students need to be advised that TEAS administration instructions dictate the following prohibited items during the test at the EFSC Cocoa, Melbourne and Palm Bay Assessment Centers:
- Food or drink (unless necessary for a documented medical condition)
- Textbooks or reference books of any kind
- Sunglasses, hats or a hood (discretionary allowances for religious apparel)
- Music (CD players, MP3 players, iPods, etc.)
- Communication devices (cell phones, pagers, PDAs, etc.)
- External, personal calculators
- Unscheduled breaks during the test are not permitted
On-Campus TEAS Testing Dates (Starting July 15, 2021 - Registration Available Now)
The on-campus option has limited seating to allow for social distancing due to COVID restrictions. Face-to-face TEAS test fee is $90 payable at the time of registration plus a small handling fee. TEAS appointments on the Cocoa, Melbourne, and Palm Bay campuses follow this schedule:
- Cocoa Campus Assessment Center: Monday, 1 PM & Wednesday, 4:30 PM
- Melbourne Campus Assessment Center: Wednesday, 8:30 AM
- Palm Bay Campus Assessment Center: Thursday, 8:30 AM
How to Make an On-Campus TEAS Appointment
On campus TEAS testing appointments are now being scheduled via RegisterBlast, an online scheduling tool that is available 24/7. View RegisterBlast details and make an on-campus appointment.
TEAS Remote Test Information, Dates and Scheduling
The TEAS test is available remotely from ATI using Proctorio to enable our Health Sciences and Nursing Limited Access program applicants virtually.
The Remote TEAS test will be available two times a week. Registration and fee payment ($82.00) are handled directly at the ATI website. Review all of the information on this page and then follow the detailed registration steps below.
All registered test candidates should participate in the Dry Run to test your equipment and access. The practice run should be done on the same hardware you will use when you take your remote test. To access a Dry Run:
- Log in to your ATI student account that you will create during the remote test registration process explained below. Click “MY ATI” > “TEST”> “REMOTE PROCTORING DRY RUN."
- Click “BEGIN.” This will launch you into Proctorio at the “BEFORE YOU BEGIN” page.
- Select “START EXAM PRE CHECKS” and follow the steps.
The TEAS Assessment ID code will be provided to each registered test candidate prior to the test session. Remote TEAS tests will be offered as follows each week:
- Wednesday, 9 AM: Proctored Exam
- Thursday, 1 PM: Proctored Exam
EFSC Remote TEAS Policies and Accommodations
*Be sure to review and follow all requirements to avoid non-refundable charges from the third-party vendor.
Under the College's Remote Test Policy, EFSC will test students who are applying to our Health Science programs only ONCE
during a 12-month time period. If your program permits a second attempt, you must schedule that at another facility.
EFSC will not administer TEAS retests outside of the once per application cycle.
The current ATI Remote Testing option is $82. Do NOT schedule a remote restest through the ATI site linked to EFSC if it will be a repeat attempt that's less than 12-months since your last attempt under EFSC. Students must adhere to third-party vendor cancellation and refund policies and are responsible for ensuring their devices meet minimum technical requirements.
EFSC will test students who have active student status and who are applying to EFSC Nursing or Health Science programs.
If you have a documented disability see details on how to request accommodations and allow extra time for that separate process.
Step-by-Step Remote TEAS Registration and Testing Instructions
1. Confirm your laptop or PC meets minimum technical requirements. Visit ATI's technical requirements web page to verify equipment needs. Make sure your PC or Laptop meets the minimum hardware
requirements before proceeding!
• Microphone: Any microphone, either internal or external
• Webcam: 320x240 VGA resolution (minimum) internal or external
• Desktop or laptop computer (NO iPads, tablets, or phones are to be used) with the
ability to download Google Chrome
2. Familiarize yourself with the Proctorio platform. ATI has partnered with Proctorio to virtually proctor assessments. Proctorio is a remote proctoring platform that uses machine learning to proctor students from wherever they may be. Be sure to watch the Student Proctorio Process Video also be sure to review the Proctorio Quick Start Guide.
3. Register for the TEAS by visiting https://www.atitesting.com/teas/register — once there you will set up a student test account by clicking on “Create New Account” and complete the required information. Under “Institution”, select the program as Eastern FL State College: Cocoa Health Sciences to take your TEAS test. Your TEAS test administration should be done under the generic program intent and use your Titans student email account (contact IT Help Desk for email access assistance if needed). You can change your program intent after you take your TEAS test and when you have been accepted into a Health Science program.
4. Once you have created your account, you may schedule your TEAS test appointment. Select the EFSC option and select preferred time and schedule your test. (Remember:
Do not retest under EFSC if it has been less than 12 months since your last TEAS attempt.
You will need to test through a different facility choice). Pay the Assessment Service
fee of $82.00. ATI will forward additional Instructions to your Titans email. Follow
all Instructions carefully!
5. Student may print a copy of your test results to submit with your program application by using your ATI log in credentials to access. Scores will be processed into your student account within 3 days of test completion.
6. TEAS administration instructions dictate the following prohibited items during the remote test.:
* Food or drink (unless necessary for a documented medical condition)
* Textbooks or reference books of any kind
* Sunglasses, hats or a hood (discretionary allowances for religious apparel)
* Music (CD players, MP3 players, iPods, etc.)
* Communication devices (cell phones, pagers, PDAs, etc.)
* External, personal calculators
* Unscheduled breaks during the test are not permitted
Student questions about the on-campus or remote TEAS process can be emailed to email@example.com or you can call 321-433-5938 and leave a message if needed.