Transient Student Information
A transient student is a currently enrolled college student who wants to take a class at a college or university that's not their home school. They do this on a term-by-term basis and will not pursue a degree at the transient institution. We assist transient students from other schools who want to register for courses at Eastern Florida State College (EFSC) on a temporary, non-degree seeking basis — and also help our own EFSC students who would like to take courses elsewhere.
If you're a current Eastern Florida student who wants to take courses at another institution, you must:
- Be in good standing at EFSC with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Have completed all required developmental education courses
- Have completed at least 15 college credits at EFSC
You will be approved to take only those courses you would be eligible to take at Eastern Florida State College (e.g., if you have not completed prep algebra, you would not be approved to take MAC 1105 at EFSC or another institution.) Courses must be applicable to the degree you are seeking at EFSC.
If the institution you plan to attend is not available on Florida Virtual Campus, www.floridashines.org, contact the Office of the Registrar at 321-433-7272 to request a paper transient form.
Upon completion of the course(s), it is your responsibility to have an official transcript sent from the transient institution to EFSC.
Here are some tips on using the online Transient Student Form found at the Florida Shines site:
- Contact your academic advisor for assistance in determining which courses you are eligible to take.
- Have the course information ready (including course prefix, number, credit hours, and title).
- Make sure that you apply in advance of the transient institution's admissions deadline for the desired term and year (check the institution's website to determine applicable deadlines).
- Verify both your current home institution and desired transient institution are using the online version. If not, contact your registrar's office for help. (Note: EFSC can both send and receive the online Transient Form on your behalf through floridashines.org)
- When you've done these steps, then visit www.floridashines.org
Get Your INFO
FloridaShines — the Florida Student Hub of Innovative Educational Services — is a service of the
Florida Virtual Campus. High school and college students, parents and counselors use
this free Florida Department of Education website to help plan and track educational
progress in Florida, plus to apply for courses at another Florida school as a transient
Bldg. 2, Rm. 202
1519 Clearlake Road
Cocoa, FL 32922
Hours: Mon. - Thurs., 8 AM - 5 PM
Email the Registrar's Office:
Cocoa: Building 11
Melbourne: Building 1
Palm Bay: Building 1
Titusville: Building 3